There are so many creative marketing opportunities to take advantage of during the month of July that can help boost sales. This article outlines 7 simple marketing strategies for the month of July.
- With July 4th approaching quickly, businesses have the opportunity to run a holiday promotion. The easiest way to get in the spirit for Independence Day is to honor your customers with special discounts or promotions!
- National Grilling Month: July is National Grilling Month! Summertime isn’t complete without barbecue food, especially in Austin. July is a perfect time for your customers to engage with your business. Why not ask your customers to show off their favorites BBQ recipes? This could turn into a contest with the winner receiving a special gift!
- International Kissing Day: A day that celebrates kissing? International Kissing Day is celebrated on July 6th! Show your customers some love by offering a discount or prize to those who hashtag your business and post a photo of them and their loved ones.
- Run a Social Media Photo Contest: Social media campaigns are engaging and are great for shareable content. Invite your followers to submit photos or caption their pictures with a custom hashtag you create for your business. Better yet, involve your brand and gain some advertising momentum by asking people to pose with your product. Then you pick the winner, share their photo, and award them a prize.
- National Ice Cream Day: National Ice Cream Day is celebrated on the third Sunday of July (This year, it’s July 15th!) Take advantage of this special day when thousands of people in Austin enjoy their favorite dessert of all time! This holiday is especially great for food establishments. If your business doesn’t sell food, you can still take advantage of the holiday! You can ask your customers what their favorite flavor is or have them post photos of them enjoying their favorite flavor and in return the winner receives a special gift!
- Get to Know Your Customers Day: Get to know your customer is celebrated on the third Thursday in July (This year, it’s July 19th!). This is a great opportunity to engage as much as possible with your customers. You can create special discounts, start a loyalty program or send thank you notes to those customers that are loyal.
- Summer-themed Influencer Instagram Contest or Giveaway: Whether you give away a gift card or product from your store, Instagram giveaways are a great way to give your Facebook or Instagram page a boost. Some examples of what to give away include a free beauty treatment, free appetizer, or a free cake order for July 4th!
Have fun planning your July marketing strategies. Statesman Media is happy to help strategize one of your campaigns today. Contact us here!